Overview: @Voice Aloud Reader – listen to or read on screen the text from other Android apps, e.g. web pages, news articles, long emails, TXT, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice document files, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW and FB2 ebooks and more. It’s an HTML reader, document reader and ebook reader all in one, both for reading on-screen or listening.
@Voice Aloud Reader – listen to or read on screen the text from other Android apps, e.g. web pages, news articles, long emails, TXT, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice document files, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW and FB2 ebooks and more. It’s an HTML reader, document reader and ebook reader all in one, both for reading on-screen or listening.
IMPORTANT: You need Text-To-Speech engine and voices installed on your device to use this app. You may use more than one if you want.
* Click “Share” or “Send by Email” button/menu item in any app to send text to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading over speakers or a headset.
* If “Share” is not available, copy text in another app and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
* Option to instantly read aloud text copied to clipboard.
* Open text, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documents or HTML files from Android file system for reading aloud.
* EPUB and FB2 ebook formats support. Use “Open” button at the top or on the menu, navigate to a folder with ePub files and open one of them. Read ebooks on screen with their original formatting, images shown, turn pages or read continuously. Or put headphones, turn off the device and listen!
* Correctly handles Chinese and Japanese vertical text (right to left mode) under Android 4.4 and higher, or switch it to horizontal mode if preferred.
* Easily add saved Pocket articles to @Voice reading list – in Read List screen, press Menu – Add articles from Pocket, then read on screen or listen being read aloud.
* Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
* Record spoken articles to sound files – WAV (uncompressed) or OGG (compressed) formats supported.
* Long-press word and/or select a longer phrase to view dictionaries, translations, Wikipedia, Web search and more.
* Speech correction for TTS, optionally using Regular Expressions (RegEx)
* Desktop/laptop Google Chrome browser extension to add articles to @Voice reading list with one click.
* Dropbox sync for the saved contents and reading progress.
* Easily control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
* Pause/resume speech as needed with wired or Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next/Previous buttons to jump by sentence, long-click the same buttons to switch to the next/previous article on a list.
* Can automatically recognize the language of an article and use appropriate TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with “Select language” menu item.
* Options for additional pause between paragraph, start talking as soon as a new article is loaded or wait for a button press, start/stop talking when wired headset plug is inserted/removed.
* Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
Internet access is needed because the “Share” function from web browsers and any news reading apps I tried, sends us only the URL address ( http://something.. .). They do not send the full text of articles, so @Voice has to download the article from the Internet to be able to read it aloud or save for later reading. Only by using Copy text function in one app, and pasting it in @Voice, or by saving the full text in one app to storage and opening a file in @Voice, you could avoid Internet connection, but this is not very convenient.
Identity/contacts – this permission is used only to log-in to Google Drive file space, if you decide to use “Sync with Google Drive” feature on the Reading List menu.
WANT TO BETA TEST NEW RELEASES?
Join @Voice Beta Testing: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.hyperionics.avar
* No longer locks on very long content
* Scroll content announces sentence number, read aloud resumes from that sentence
* Two finger short horizontal swipes skip sentence forward or back
* Other optimizations for TalkBack
Fix for some FB2 ebook files not loading
Other rare bug fixes
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: Premium features unlocked l No key needed l Drive works
FBReader TTS+ Plugin:
@Voice Sync Plugin:
@Voice PDF Crop Plugin: