Requirements: 2.2 +
Overview: Handbook for Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing is a comprehensive yet concise clinical resource designed for use by nursing students and professionals.
Brunner & Suddarth’s Handbook v6.0.0
This latest update is based on the 12th edition and 2010 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.This resource presents nearly 200 diseases and disorders in alphabetical format, allowing rapid access to need-to-know information on the most commonly clinical problems nurses are likely to encounter. It places special emphasis on home- and community-based nursing practice, patient education, and expected outcomes of care.
// Key Features
• Perfect for use across multiple health care settings
• Nursing Alerts – Instant notes focused on priority care issues and hazardous or potentially life-threatening situations
• Gerontologic Considerations – Thumbnail descriptions and interventions related to the care of the older adult population
• Vital information on:
– Disease (Pathophysiology)
– Clinical Manifestations
– Assessment and Diagnostic Methods
– Medical, Surgical and Pharmacologic Management
– Nursing Management according to the Nursing Process
• Up-to-date appendices for use in clinicals, on the unit, and at home or in the community, including:
– Important lab values
– Current nursing diagnoses
– Acronyms and abbreviations
// Unique Features
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within clinical topics to the
•Body Mass Index (BMI) (Adult) – Obesity, Morbid
•Caloric Requirements – Diabetes Mellitus
•Ideal Body Weight (IBW)
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.
This app has no advertisements