Overview: Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for phones and tablets
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Touch to select focus area and metering area (metering area is used to determine exposure).
* Support for flash, torch, focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation, exposure lock, face detection.
* Video recording (with optional audio, and support for video stabilization; supports all available resolutions including HD).
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
* Timer (with optional voice countdown).
* Auto-repeat mode, with configurable delay.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys.
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Lollipop’s Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids (including “rule of thirds”) and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply a date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos.
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera).
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Experimental support for Android 5 Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=harman.mark.donation . Thanks!
Version 1.36 (2016/12/28)
FIXED “Loud noise” audio control wasn’t working.
FIXED Remember focus mode for video mode.
FIXED Focus circle for continuous focus mode would sometimes show green.
FIXED Improved behaviour for photo/video mode when launched from a take photo
or record video intent (no longer keeps switching back to photo mode
when pause/resuming if called from a photo intent; now allows switching
to photo mode if called from a video intent).
FIXED Make line-spacing for toasts more consistent.
FIXED Improved “Max duration of video”, was stopping up to a second
ADDED New photo mode “DRO” (dynamic range optimisation) (requires Android 5).
ADDED Quick settings tiles to open camera (requires Android 7): tiles for
photo, video and selfie mode.
ADDED Pause/resume video recording (requires Android 7).
ADDED New option to mirror photos for front camera (Settings/Photo settings/
“Front camera mirror”).
ADDED Option to calibrate the level angle (accelerometer) (see Settings/More
camera controls/”Calibrate level angle”.
ADDED New option to display on-screen pitch lines (Settings/On screen GUI/
“Show pitch lines”) and compass direction lines (Settings/
On screen GUI/”Show compass direction lines”).
ADDED Camera2 API popup menu now has “ISO M” option to switch straight to
manual exposure mode, but defaulting to the current ISO value.
ADDED New option “Video subtitles” (Settings/Video settings/). This creates a
subtitle file (in .SRT format) displaying date and time; and also GPS
location and direction if those options are enabled
ADDED New option to disable showing the “take photo” button (under Settings/
On screen GUI/”Show take photo icon”).
ADDED 3 seconds entry for “Max duration of video” option.
UPDATED HDR now has auto-alignment for better quality photos.
UPDATED Moved white balance/scene mode/color effect options lower down the
UPDATED No longer auto-stabilise or display level angle when device pointing
nearly up or down.
UPDATED Apply low pass filter for compass direction.
UPDATED Continuous focus mode is now the default for back camera for Nexus and
UPDATED About/debug info now shows whether disabling shutter sound is supported.
UPDATED Updated Russian translation (thanks to Grigorii Chirkov).
UPDATED Updated Slovenian translation (thanks to Peter Klofutar).
Languages: English, Russian.
This app has no advertisements