F-Droid download apk
F-Droid is an installable catalogue of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) applications for the Android platform. The client makes it easy to browse, install, and keep track of updates on your device.
Connects to F-Droid compatible repositories. The default repo is hosted at f-droid.org, which contains only bona fide FOSS.
Android is open in the sense that you are free to install apks from anywhere you wish, but there are many good reasons for using a client/repository setup:
- Be notified when updates are available
- Keep track of older and beta versions
- Filter apps that aren’t compatible with the device
- Find apps via categories and searchable descriptions
- Access associated urls for donations, source code etc.
- Stay safe by checking repo index signatures and apk hashes
F-Droid is both a repository of verified free software Android apps as well as a whole “app store kit”, providing all the tools needed to setup and run an app store. It is a community-run free software project developed by a wide range of contributors. It also includes complete build and release tools for managing the process of turning app source code into published builds.
Source the official website https://f-droid.org/