Create stunning ASCII art from any picture, image or photograph.
Requirements: 4.0.3 and up
Use your phone or tablet camera to capture new photos (ASCII-selfie?) or select an existing picture from your image gallery and convert it to ASCII art.
Find a cool picture while browsing the net? No problem, just long press on the picture and select “share image” from the pop-up menu and then select Photo Text from the list to convert it to ASCII art.
This program creates a shaded mosaic representation of the photograph or picture you selected, where the image pixels are represented by different letters, numbers and other text characters. Before converting the photograph into text, you have the option to crop and select any smaller region of the picture to use.
With a single press of a button this app creates elaborate ASCII art from the photograph or picture you selected and displays it on the screen. You can then experiment with various options, including font size as well as the desired number of characters used in the generated ASCII art before saving the results. You can also specify the background as well as text colour used and whether you want the image to be a negative (light text on dark background).
The generated ASCII art text can be exported to social media, shared as email or saved on your device different formats:
1. Render to a png image file.
2. Save or share the ASCII art text as simple text.
3. Save or share the ASCII art as an HTML document.
4. Copy the text to your device’s clipboard and paste directly into any other app, such as email, text document etc.
If you saved as text or copied to clipboard, remember that the text must be set to a mono-spaced font (each character is the same width) to correctly view the ASCII art.
– saves html format with color characters
– added (fake) ascii art mode with character color taken from source image
– added ability to specify used character set in color mode
– improved saving on device (should also fix rare bug)
– new save format: HTML document
– re-factoring code in preparation for new features.
– minor UI fixes.
– Bug fix: added request to grant permission to read from media when opening image shared from another app, if necessary.
● Ads & Analytics Removed
This app has no advertisements