Plex for Android allows you to browse and play your video, photos, and music right on your Android device, streamed from Plex Media Server on your Mac or your PC. Media is available from CNET, Revision3 and a many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
Plex for Android may NOT be for you for any of the following reasons:
* Netflix and Hulu are not supported on Plex for Android at this time.
* The app will not currently play video on Honeycomb/Android 3.0 (yes that includes the Xoom).
* The app will work but is not yet optimized for tablets and larger screens.
* Plex for Android won’t be able to do anything unless you setup a server on your PC or Mac – which is available for free at [url]http://www.plexapp.com [/url].
* You want to use Plex to get to your media remotely but you don’t want to think about things like port-forwarding.
We strongly recommend that you have your Plex Media Server all ready to go BEFORE you buy Plex for Android.
– [Android TV] Lots of tweaks to the application look and feel.
– Display warning dialog when starting to play content through a relayed connection.
– Audio playback can now be controlled with a single-button headset (1 press for ‘play/pause’, 2 for ‘next’, 3 for ‘previous’).
– Tweaks to card titles and subtitles to make them more useful and also more consistent with other Plex clients.
– Add support for remuxing HEVC video using Plex Media Server v126.96.36.199 and above.
– New Audio Player design for mobile/tablet.
– Small tweaks to mini-player appearance.
– Always show ‘stop’ button in mini-player, regardless of orientation or screen size.
– Multiple improvements on Locations picker.
– Improve photo viewer zoom functionality.
– Fix bug where the app could crash trying to play certain items.
– Fix issue preventing seeking within some videos.
– Storage permission no longer required for ‘Advanced > Privacy > Email device logs’ option.
– Do a better job at dealing with problems querying if user owns Google Play in-app product.
– Resolve issue preventing browsing of photo channels.
– Now including 3gp files in ‘Videos’ section of local server.
– Make Camera Upload more efficient.
– Fix issue preventing browsing of photos from Hubs.
– [Generic TV] Fix bug in where main menu would not open on Android N.
– [Android TV] Fix for bug where global search would fail on Android 5 until app had been initialized.
– [Android TV] Fix bug where the application could crash when opening or resuming the home screen.
– [Android TV] Fix occasional crash when app resumed after having been in the background for a while.
– [Android TV] Fix issue browsing channels where no results were displayed.
– [Android TV] Hide current time display in Photo player.
– [Android TV] Improve USB/Bluetooh keyboard handling when modifying text based preferences.
– [SHIELD] Allow the Plex app to start even if Plex Media Server is disabled.
– [SHIELD] Disable audio passthrough when headphones are connected to remote or controller.
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: PREMIUM features Unlocked