FlashFire is the most advanced on-device firmware flasher available for rooted Android devices.
Requirements: 4.2+ | ROOT
It can flash full firmware packages from various manufacturers, as well as apply over-the-air (OTA) and ZIP updates – all while maintaining root, and without using a custom recovery. It also offers full device backup and restore functionalities in several formats. Relevant files can be stored on internal storage, SD cards, USB connected storage, or can even be streamed directly to and from your computer using USB or Wi-Fi.
FlashFire is the spiritual successor to the Mobile ODIN app, which was a similar solution (using completely different methods under the hood) exclusively for Samsung devices on older Android versions.
FlashFire is an extremely powerful application, it should be used with caution. Data loss, soft-bricks, and even hard-bricks are possible if used incorrectly. Unless you are an expert user, consult FlashFire’s website and the XDA discussion thread before doing anything potentially destructive.
XDA discussion thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/flashfire-t3075433
2016.05.11 – v0.50
– Fix compatibility with N Preview 3 (in used libraries)
– Added ‘Restore from ADB’ option to ‘No backups found’ dialog
– NP3: Work around ART crash
– NPx: Work around ‘adb restore’ bug by using ‘adb push’ instead
– 4.2: Fix StatFs crash
– ADB: Authorize all connections
– ADB: Fix restoring not doing anything on some devices
– Force ‘clear cache’ option to show UI
– Include filesize in cache validation
– (Temporarily?) Switched back to single-threaded lz4 implementation due to the multi-threaded version occasionally segfaulting
– Add choice for visiting either FlashFire’s website or the XDA thread when tapping the top card
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: PRO features Unlocked