Plex for Android allows you to browse and play your video, photos, and music right on your Android device, streamed from Plex Media Server on your Mac or your PC. Media is available from CNET, Revision3 and a many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
Plex for Android may NOT be for you for any of the following reasons:
* Netflix and Hulu are not supported on Plex for Android at this time.
* The app will not currently play video on Honeycomb/Android 3.0 (yes that includes the Xoom).
* The app will work but is not yet optimized for tablets and larger screens.
* Plex for Android won’t be able to do anything unless you setup a server on your PC or Mac – which is available for free at [url]http://www.plexapp.com [/url].
* You want to use Plex to get to your media remotely but you don’t want to think about things like port-forwarding.
We strongly recommend that you have your Plex Media Server all ready to go BEFORE you buy Plex for Android.
– Add support for VC1 playback in MKV, for devices which support it.
– Add support for 16-bit PCM playback in MKV.
– Add support for direct playing MOV.
– Allow anamorphic video to be remuxed.
– Post-play screen following video playback.
– Add Rotten Tomatoes reviews to movie preplay screen.
– Show currently playing item in new embedded mini-player (mobile only).
– [Android TV] Support library scanning.
– [Android TV] Add support for Refresh Rate Switching on Marshmallow based devices (not just the NVIDIA SHIELD).
– [Android TV] Add lyrics support.
– [Fire TV] Cloud sync server support.
– [Fire TV] Mobile server support.
– [Fire TV] Clock (can be enabled in Settings < Main).
– Correctly update track information in audio player when playing synced content.
– Improve reliability of refresh rate switching when preference enabled.
– Don’t display “Headphones Disconnected” when playing a video and switching refresh rate.
– Fix bug where adding a track to a playlist would add the entire album.
– Improve video player buffer calculation to reduce buffering and issues where video wouldn’t restart.
– Improve reliability of remote control.
– Fix bug where audio playback didn’t resume from current offset after disconnecting from a remote player.
– Fix bug where “Previous” button in audio player could crash the app.
– Try (again) to fix issue where playing a synced video would sometimes result in a crash.
– Fix cells not being cleared during fast scrolls.
– Fix bug where relayed connections wouldn’t work when application was launched after a fresh install.
– Don’t reset scroll position of preplay page when device is rotated
– [Android TV] Fix grids misalignment when sorting if there’s missing info.
– [Android TV] Don’t show Episode actions for Movies in the Playlist view.
– [Android TV] Play from Show/Season page should start from first unwatched episode.
– [Fire TV] Various bug fixes and improvements.
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: PREMIUM features Unlocked