XMTV PLAYER – NEXT GENERATION MULTIMEDIA AND STREAMING PLAYER FOR ANDROID
It should be working on Android devices, be able to play different movie and still image formats, online streams and stream lists. During my search for such a player I checked several players and no one was able to do all the things I need, was too heavy, or too uncomfortable to use.
So I decided to write one.
As it is well known that the wheel and the warm water are already invented it was not needed to reinvent them again. So I started to play with ffmpeg – based project named Vitamio, (seems they also came to the idea for the wheel ).
During my work on it I found that in the Internet users publish a lot of TV streams. As a person who do not stay nonstop in front of my desktop/laptop computer (and not at home at all) I found that ability to watch my favorite TV channels where I can find WiFi hotspot (or even on cellphone operator’s 3G) is quite useful. So I decided to add functionality to the player to support TV Channels packages.
Play and enjoy your favorite live TV, VOD streams, audios and videos right on your Android mobile with XMTV Player. It turns your smartphone into a fully functional streaming video player in minutes.
With thousands of downloads XMTV Player has become the most powerful multimedia and streaming player in the Google Play.
The player is designed while keeping the simplicity and comfort in mind, So that you can play whatever you want without getting bogged down. Moreover, it is very much easy to setup!
Check out XMTV’s key features:
Play live and VOD streams.
Browse and play local multimedia files.
Share live streams directly with friends.
Display detailed info for the stream.
Fast and easy change of subtitles and audio tracks.
Easy creation of M3U multimedia playlists.
Play Internal and external subtitles.
Audio multi track support
All this and much, much more!!!
XMTV enables you to play most popular media formats such as: AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, AVI, ASF, WMV, MP4, M4V, TP, TS, MTP and M2T. Also, XMTV is equipped with Kids lock to keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
We are sure that XMTV will be your next favorite app to enjoy high quality streams and videos!
Have questions, problems or suggestions to improve XMTV Player? We love to hear them from you. Write us or share it!!!
Disclaimer: XMTV Player by its own does not provide any media files or streams. You either must own access to all audio and video files through a legal way. XMTV Player team will not assist or be held responsible for any way you obtain your media files. The plugins available for download here contain streams that are listed as free to use, public domain, or are provided by users, who should take their responsibility about content they provided.
At XMTV Player we value your privacy highly and do not collect any personal information. To give you the best experience we require some permissions on your device:
– Photos/Media/Files (Allow player to access media files in your device (play them))
– Record audio (Record audio is used to enable audio visualization chart.
– Wi-Fi connection information (Check how you are connected and warn if you watch internet stream and reconnect to mobile connection that may cost you money depend your subscription plan of mobile operator)
– Receive data from Internet (Allow XMTV Player to have internet access)
– Run at startup (enable app to receive notification about shared stream)
– Prevent device from sleeping (hold your phone awake during playback)
HOW IT WORKS:
Watch IPTV from your Internet service provider or free live TV channels from any other source in the web.
If you are using VLC or SimpleTV to watch TV on your PC then this app is for you.
* First you’ll need to input channels list (m3u playlist), you can get it from your ISP or find free channels list in the web.
* If app asks to setup UDP proxy, please do it, see instructions below.
Installing UDP proxy for multicast streams:
– for Windows: download and install UDP-to-HTTP proxy from http://borpas.info/download/UdpProxy.exe
– for Linux: install udpxy ( http://udpxy.com/index-en.html , http://sourceforge.net/projects/udpxy/ )
– the best solution would be installing udpxy on your WLAN router, this can be done for DD-WRT ( http://www.dd-wrt.com ) and OpenWrt ( https://openwrt.org ) firmware
– some WLAN routers have built-in udpxy in manufacturer’s firmware
As a ffmpeg-based project XMTV Player can play all the formats that are supported by ffmpeg. In addition to that it can play whole folder content (only the supported media formats), can play online streams (including radio- and tv- ones), can open and play .m3u playlists.
As it is targeted mainly as a player, by default XMTV Player comes with the player functionality only. This helps to keep the .apk size as small as possible. But for the TV and radio streams that not enough – everyone who tried to construct and maintain channel lists is aware how difficult task is this. So I decided to implement the following options to bypass this issue:
– Support for .m3u lists – the simple option. Just construct your own .m3u list and upload it to your device.
– Support for external channel packages – (I call them channel providers) – it’s an ability to communicate with external .apk files which can contain channel lists
The first option is good mainly for personal use, while the second is related to everybody who is interested to develop, distribute and maintain a channel list by their own and to use XMTV Player just as a player.
More info about how to use XMTV Player and it’s options is available in How To section.
Released XMTV Player version 22.214.171.124
– fixed issue with some providers which cause drop connection on every 20-30 sec.Released XMTV Player version 126.96.36.199
– optimized cache usage
– fixed problem with Android 5.+ devices with Intel CPU x3 and x5 series.
– if you have trouble with a device you can go to About section and tap “Send Report”, which will generate e-mail with more detailed device data from build.prop file of your device.Released XMTV Player version 188.8.131.52rc3 – not mandatory
– Added option to support session state
– Fixed m3u list parser (crash if EXTINF contain invalid media lenght)Released XMTV Player version 184.108.40.206rc2 – not mandatory
– Added Croatian language, thanks to Josip Prekratić for translation.
Released XMTV Player version 220.127.116.11rc1
– pass codec info to XMTVCast to enable more accurate container format
– added some option to retry connection if there is some problem to retrieve it at first time
– validete http-headers, pass only valid ones based on RFC
Released XMTV Player version 18.104.22.168:
– Fixed some minor issues with some servers, optimized communication bandwidth.
– Fixed xhls header issue
– Added support for EPG by manual loading files in XMLTVformat
– Added supoort to ACE Streams (ace:// acestream:// torrent:// , pass-thru m3u8 over ACE Engine)
– AceStream Engine must be installed separately (Instuction and download you can find here );
– Added supoort for sites which require reCaptcha.
– Optimized and extended HLS support (fixed some missing headers in http requests)
– tuned aceengine loading cycle (removed 1 min timeout, show stream status – bandwidth, progress and count of active peers,streams)
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: PREMIUM features Unlocked
Addon Plugins: PlayTV, WeebTV, EdemTV, BulsatIPTV, XMTVCast