Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for phones and tablets
Requirements: 4.0.3 and up
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image shown above).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Flash on/off/auto/torch.
* Choice of focus modes (including macro, and a “manual” focus mode which only focuses when you touch the screen).
* Touch to select focus and metering area.
* Face detection option.
* Choice of front/back camera.
* Choose scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO and exposure compensation.
* Support for exposure lock.
* Video recording (with optional audio, and support for video stabilization, and changing frame rate and bitrate).
* Choice of camera and video resolution, and JPEG image quality. Support for all resolutions offered by the camera. Also support for 4K UHD (3840×2160) video on some devices (experimental – may not work on some devices!).
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
* Timer option.
* Burst mode, with configurable delay.
* Thumbnail of last photo/video is displayed, with link to the gallery app.
* Option to silence the shutter.
* GUI works in any orientation without any pause when changing orientation. Option to optimise for left and right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys (to take picture, focus, zoom, change exposure compensation, turn auto-stabilise on/off).
* Choice of save folder (though note Google have blocked write access to external SD cards in Android 4.4, see http://bit.ly/1eTBWCx ).
* Configurable on-screen display shows battery, time, remaining device memory, orientation and direction of camera; also option to overlay a choice of grids (including “rule of thirds”).
* Preview aspect ratio can be set either to maximise the preview display size, or match the aspect ratio of the photo/video resolution (so what you see is what is actually recorded).
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Instructions available from http://opencamera.sourceforge.net/
* Small file size.
* Completely free and ad-free, unlike most Android apps. Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware features, or the Android version.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app. Thanks!
Please contact me if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions for improvements – either email, or post at https://sourceforge.net/p/opencamera/discussion/ .
* I’ve had reports of problems on CyanogenMod (CM11) – unfortunately I don’t have any CM11 devices to test on, and CyanogenMod doesn’t appear to offer any means of testing without a real device (e.g., no emulator AVD images, no remote device testing), so I have no way of supporting this.
Fixed crash with popup menu on Android 6. Fixed crashes on Android 6 if permissions not available (Open Camera hasn’t been updated yet to properly support the new permissions models, this is a quick fix to prevent crashes).
Fixed problems with volume/focus/camera key. Improved selfie stick support (thanks to Lau Keat Hwa).
Fixed Camera2 API focus bug (Camera2 API still experimental though).
German translation (thanks to Ronny Steiner, Sebastian Ahlborn).
New icon (thanks to Adam Lapinski).
This app has no advertisements