Kanji Study is my ongoing project that attempts to be a simple yet powerful application for learning Japanese kanji. With a focus on JLPT kanji, the app allows you to split groups of kanji into smaller manageable sets for flashcard-style drilling and adaptive quizzing. Each kanji offers a wealth of carefully selected examples and challenging draw practice.
Requirements: Varies with device
So what does the app currently support?
★ Powerful search for over 6000 kanji using one text field
• Combine stroke count with text and/or radicals for a quick lookup
• Custom radical keyboard sorts radicals by occurrence and displays resulting kanji count
★ Detailed information for each kanji
• Kanji radicals are broken down and highlighted within the kanji
• Thousands of carefully selected vocab and example sentences that grow in difficulty with each JLPT level
★ Drawing practice
• Custom experimental detection algorithm for stroke accuracy
• Graded by accuracy using はなまる
★ Adaptive quiz mode
• Distractors are intelligently selected based on radicals and other factors
• Mistakes and response times are used to improve the quizzes
★ Flashcard-style drilling
• Customize kanji set sizes to focus on small groups of kanji at a time
• Kanji is rendered naturally using SVG data and not a computer font
★ Supports backing up with google drive or local storage
– Unrestricted search and full study for beginner kanji, radicals, hiragana and katakana.
– Full access to all kanji and custom groups
– Fixed crash with Practice in landscape mode
• Paid content Unlocked
This app has no advertisements