welcome to dark material // akzent, a new version of dark material with dark material colors as accents!
To use the colors, install Arcus: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pixkart.arcus
ATTENTION: If you’re on MM6.0 with CMTE (CM13, DU) AND you dirty flash, MAKE SURE YOU REVERT STOCK THEME BEFORE YOU UPDATE. Or you SHOULD expect at most THREE soft reboots before your phone works again! This is due to dirty flash theme recompiles that get corrupt (CM side).
Welcome to the first and original dark material UI available for the CyanogenMod 12/13 Theme Engine. With this theme, you can grasp that Lollipop Material look whilst not blinding your eyes as you enjoy all the eyecandy animations!
WHY “DARK MATERIAL”?
To understand why this theme doesn’t follow Google’s traditional “Material Dark” design with dark teal and/or blue grey, I will briefly explain.
This theme wasn’t based on Google’s Material Style, but was mainly influenced by the “Tinted Status Bar” mod’s results, where it completely made the action bar into one fused item. I really liked this design, which made the system more minimal as it had two layers to look at, rather than 3 (Action Bar Primary, Action Bar Primary Dark (status bar darkened color) and the fragment layer (the interacting area)). The fact that I named this theme “Dark Material” over “Material Dark” was because I wanted to depict a dark, physical metamorphic rock – “slate”, and it’s color. As the color scheme of this theme is mainly dark (black, grey and white text), I added the word “Dark” in front of my interpretation of “Material” hence the title “Dark Material”. Themes that follow Google’s Material Dark, should show up as “Material Dark” to ensure consistency (see Google keyboard settings for reference).
NOTES FROM US, TO YOU.
Please contact me directly before posting a review, I would be infinitely grateful!
For direct contact with the team, please join our Google+ community! We’re not scary!: https://plus.google.com/communities/104086528025432169285
– MAINTAINER: This theme is maintained by Nicholas, email/xda link is linked below.
– SUGGESTION: Once you apply the theme. Perform a reboot! Any FC’s, just reboot again.
– SUGGESTION: If you want to learn how to theme, check out my thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android … 2-t3006339
– SUGGESTION: If you are on a ROM with an icon that is not themed inside Settings, email me.
– PROBLEM: Nova Launcher v4.0 users, please set your card background to black or else you will have black on black text.
– POPULAR: SystemUI/Notification Drawer not themed? This is a CM12 problem. Follow these instructions to fix: http://youtu.be/MW1UsCyOidY thanks to Manuel and Will.
– REQUEST: Any other bugs, contact me (Nicholas) directly. Do not leave a bad rating if your bug is easily solvable.
– Must have a CM12/CM12.1/13 ROM with Theme Engine installed.
WHAT IS THEMED?
We have over 211 app/system overlays, but if you want to know exactly what is themed, take a look at the list under “WHAT IS THEMED?” on this page: http://spam.com/yAzPPT
ALL OTHER INFORMATION
FIRMWARES SUPPORTED: CM12 (100%), CM12.1 (100%), CM13 (100%)
ROMS WITH ICONS: CM, Cyanogen OS, BlissPop (Bleeding edge updates). Temasek, Fusion, Candy5, CyanideL, LiquidSmooth, Euphoria OS, Team OSE, EOS, AICP, CRDroid, Validus, Nameless, Carbon, Flex OS, Dirty Unicorns (#DUCertified), PAC-ROM, Benzo, OwnROM, Exodus and ResurrectionRemix.
– Update Google Play Music Overlay
– Fix unreadable texts in Google Keep
– Make Google Keep’s Places Text Input readable
– Fix invisible filetype icon in DocumentsUI
– DU: Fix tealized DPI warning icon to white
– Fix invisible G+ Settings Icons
– Theme TeleService Dialogs (USSD code dialogs)
– Rethemed Chromecast
– Theme Gmail Spam Alert
– Theme LockClock Dialogs
– Theme Launcher3 Settings
– New category title style in Settings
This app has no advertisements