High quality media player supporting USB audio DACs up to 32-bit resolution and any sample rate! Will play any popular format including wav, flac, mp3 and DSD files. This app is a must have for every HiFi enthusiast, bypassing all audio limits of Android. Without a USB DAC, the app is still one of the highest quality media players around. Note that you need a USB OTG cable to connect your DAC, any class compliant USB audio device should work.
“Before this I was happy flirting between Neutron Player, Jet Audio Player Pro, PowerAmp and the new Sony Music App. I no longer need to bother with any of those again – the pure sound from this app leaves them all behind!” – user review
• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/DSD/aiff/aac/m4a/ape/cue/etc. files (even 24-bit or 32-bit).
• Supports a USB audio DAC connected by a OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host)
• Plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution your DAC supports by completely bypassing the Android audio system. Other Android players are limited to 16-bit/48kHz, even on Android 5.
• DSD-over-PCM support for native DSD playback and DSD-to-PCM conversion if the DAC does not support DSD (.dff/.dsf files)
• Folder playback
• Network playback using Samba shares (should work with Windows and NAS)
• Stream audio from Shoutcast ( http://www.shoutcast.com ) and manually entered radio stations
• Stream audio directly from Tidal
• Android media database playback with playlists. Play albums or create your own play lists from a list of songs
• Gapless playback
• Sample rate conversion (if your DAC doesn’t support the audio file’s sample rate, it will be converted to a higher sample rate if available or the highest if not available)
• 10-band equalizer (can be turned off)
• No root required, but when your device has root access there is a tweak option that could eliminate audio glitching should you experience it (for example when the screen is off)
• Software and hardware volume control (when applicable)
• Shuffle / repeat
Warning: this is not a generic driver, you can only playback from within this app. It is not possible to use your USB audio device using this software with other apps!
Android 5 users: although Android 5 has some support for USB DACs, it is limited to 16-bit and sample rates of 44100/48000Hz. For high quality playback, you still need this app to enjoy 24-bit music at any sample rate your DAC supports.
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information on how to connect a USB audio device:
If you are more interested in recording, please see our app USB Audio Recorder PRO:
or Audio Evolution Mobile
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting USB Audio Player PRO. If you get a message on start-up saying that the device failed to initialize, it is likely an incompatible Android device or a wrong cable since DACs are usually class compliant. If your Android device does not supply enough power, please try a powered USB hub.
Just a selection of our supported DACs:
• Alo Audio The International
• Audiolab M-Dac
• Audioquest Dragonfly
• Benchmark DAC 1 HDR
• Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100
• Centrance Dacport LX / HiFi M8
• Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Solo
• FiiO E7/E10/E17/E18
• Go Vibe DAC
• HiFimeDIY Sabre U2
• HRT Microstreamer
• Ibasso D-Zero / D55 / D6 / D7
• iFi nano iDSD / micro iDAC
• M2TECH hiFace TWO / DAC / Joplin
• Meridian Explorer
• Musical Fidelity V-DAC II
• NAD PP 3i
• NuForce uDAC / Icon HDP
• NwAvguy ODAC
• Intruder DAC
• Stoner Acoustics UD100
• and many more!
• Solved an issue in the USB audio driver that now allows sample rates above 96kHz and DoP on DACs like the NAIM DAC-V1 and Audiophilleo
• Errors in FLAC files are now usually ignored which should fix some tracks skipping early to the next song
• Mono mp3’s did not play correctly since 2.4.2. Solved.
• Screen rotation did not always work correctly on Huawei phones. Solved.
• Embedded art was not displayed when the playing queue was restored from the previous session. Solved.
This app has no advertisements