First you got to find out the IP address of that User.
so we will be using “netstat” command in windows. If you want to know
the IP address of a specific person on facebook or orkut or any
chat service, there is only one way: Just invite or ping him for a chat
and while chat is ON open ‘Command Prompt‘ on your PC (Start >Run>cmd).
trying this make sure you close all the other tabs in your browser,
and only keep facebook open. Also if possible delete all the history
and cache from your browser.
When command prompt opens Type the following command and hit Enter.
- netstat -an
And you will get all established connections IP addresses there. Note down all the suspicious IP’s.
The Next Step is to Trace that user using his IP address.
To do so we will be using IP tracer service. Go to the below address and paste the IP address in the box that says “lookup this ip or website”, and it will show you the location of the user.
It will show you all the information about that user along with his ISP and a Location in the MAP. Now in the MAP Just click on “click for big ip address location”
in the big picture you can actually zoom in. and try to recognize the
area. If any serious matter just note down the ISP details in that page
and contact them about the IP. They will respond you.
Other netstat commands:
- -a Displays all connections and listening ports.
- -e Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with the -s option.
- -n Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.
- -p Proto Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; proto may be TCP or UDP.
- -s Option to display per-protocol statistics, proto may be TCP, UDP, or IP.
- -r Displays the routing table.
- -s Displays per-protocol statistics. By default, statistics are shown for TCP, UDP and IP; the
- -p Option may be used to specify a subset of the default.