How to Remove Locked Widgets in Blogger
There is an other blogger trick for bloggers, How to remove lock widgets in blogger. Blogger is a flexible blogging platform where we can do the things easily. Unlike WordPress and other platforms, you can easily edit any part of your blog easily with Blogger and can also do hacks with it if you’ve a bit web developing knowledge. There are many free and paid blogger templates which you can use to beautify your blog but one thing you might have faced while applying new template. Sometimes, when we apply any new template on our blog it contains some locked widgets in blogger layout which we can’t remove easily as the remove or delete options vanishes away from the widget. For example, you might have seen Navbar and Attribution widgets by default which are also locked. So, in this tutorial, we’ll learn that how can we remove locked widgets in blogger.
You Might Also Like
Something About Removing Locked Widgets
When we’re aimed to create professional blog specially on Blogger platform it’s important to take care of each and every part. Blogger Layout page is an area where we can manage widgets easily. As I already said that sometimes some templates contain locked widgets that can’t be removed easily. Those widgets might contain some content which we don’t want to display on our blog and here it’s necessary to remove them. Removing those widgets is not much difficult for those who’ve knowledge of web designing and development but newbies may face problem in it. By default, there is an attribute in Blogger specially for widgets to lock and unlock them. The Blogger’s widget coding like the below code.
<b:widget id=’HTML1′ locked=’true’ title=’Widget Title’ type=’HTML’>
You can see that highlighted attribution for locking widgets. If I replace “true” to “false” then the widget will become removable. So, That’s the real fact behind locked widgets in blogger. Those who’re interested in making blogger templates can also learn new point from it.
Remove Locked Widgets in Blogger
- Go To Blogger >> Template >> Backup Your Template
- Click Edit HTML >> Jump To Widget
- Choose The Widget Which You Want To Remove.
- Now You’ll Be Jumped To That Widget’s Coding.
- Look On The Widget Coding Line, There Will Be locked=’true’ Attribute If It is Really Locked.
- Just Replace true To false & Save It.
- Now Go To Blogger >> Layout
- Click Edit On That Locked Widget
- Click “Remove” Button at The Bottom.
- That’s it!
- Go To Blogger >> Layout >> Edit Locked Widget
- A Popup Will Appear, Look At It’s URL in The Last.
- You’ll See Widget’s ID There.
- Memorize That Widget ID. It Will Be “HTML” And Any Number In The Last. So, Completely It Will Be HTML1, HTML2, HTML3 etc.
- Now Go To Blogger >> Template >> Edit HTML
- Click Jump To Widget Button and Click The Widget Which is Exact ID.
- You Can Confirm That You’ve Landed On The Correct Widget By Seeing It’s Title. There Will Be title=’widget title’ Attribute In That Widget Coding.
- After That Just Replace true To false in locked Attribute and Remove It From Layout.
- You’re Done!
Congratulations! You’ve successfully removed the locked widgets that will help you to make your blog more clean and fast to load. How was the tutorial? I hope you might not have faced any issue while doing this process if you’ve any problem with it, Feel free to ask in comments. Post your thoughts in the comments below and also share this tutorial with your friends. Take a lot of care of you and your family.