Oxford Dict of English & Thes v4.3.122
Requirements: 2.2 and up
Overview: This dictionary software bundle includes the leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English and the comprehensive Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
*** 50% Off – limited time offer ***
This dictionary software bundle includes the leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English and the comprehensive Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
The Oxford Dictionary of English has been completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings as well as 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations. This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
The Concise Oxford Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword. Over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms, ideal for use in word games and puzzles, to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue. Other useful features include thousands of example phrases helping you to select the correct word, and opposites and related terms clearly marked.
A Search Tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A Learning Tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the ‘Daily’ feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
This app has no advertisements