HVAC Buddy Duct Calc v1.3
Requirements: Android 1.3 and up
Overview: HVAC Buddy Duct Calc – Fast, Powerful Duct analysis that is always with you! Fast, Powerful duct analysis!
The best and number one selling duct sizing tool for Android devices with thousands of happy users. For less than the cost of a cardboard wheel ductulator always have a fast, accurate way to analyze ducts for design (by Airflow) or existing installations (by Size).
• Calc decimal & rounded sizes for any aspect ratio
• Solve for Volume, Aspect Ratio, Friction, or Velocity
• Calc Friction and Velocity given duct size
• Enter various units – Airflow (cfm, m3/s, l/s, m3/hr) Friction (in/100′, Pa/30m), Duct Sizing (in, cm), Velocity (ft/min, m/s)
• Define standard air – Altitude (ft, meter), Temperature (Fahrenheit, Celsius), Relative Humidity (pct)
• Displays calculated Kinematic Viscosity (ft2/s) and Specific Volume (ft3/lb)
• Galvanized Steel
• Spiral Steel
• Smooth Liner
• Fiber Liner
• Flex Duct
• Round to Even Units
• Round to Odd Units
Calculations are based on friction loss equations in the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals 2009.
A 12×12 duct matches FPM and CFM when friction is ignored which does not happen in real life. This relationship changes based on the properties of air (see kinematic viscosity on the settings tab) and on the friction value determined via the type of duct selected. Also, for the times when you want to get friction given CFM and Duct use the “Airflow” tab, select the “ft/min” checkbox and move the slider accordingly. There are many ways to drive the open variable.
Calculations have been verified against ASHRAE fundamentals and several other references. There are more input criteria (such as duct material) than velocity, friction, and size mentioned in the review which the reviewer may not have taken into consideration. Use the Support email link for any questions or concerns.
Powertrade is the number one developer of mobile HVAC apps with professional looking, proven apps in the hands of over 20,000 users worldwide.
Powertrade HVAC Buddy® Applications:
HVAC Buddy® Load Calc – Improve accuracy when sizing equipment, demonstrate professionalism on the job, and add substance to your proposals by using our heat loss and heat gain calculation app.
HVAC Buddy® Load Calc (Apple) – Also available on iOS devices – iPhone, iPad
HVAC Buddy® – Refrigerant charging and diagnostics.
HVAC Buddy® Pressure Temperature – Traditional PT Chart with 71 Refrigerants in Metric or Imperial units
– Version 1.3 February 17, 2013 Corrects “App Not Licensed” problems.
This app has no advertisements