The root module was previously a paid app and is now a free app. If you purchased it and would like to be refunded, please email [email protected] and provide your name and Google Order number. DO NOT send any credit/debit/bank card information. The Plus module will remain a paid app. THIS IS ONLY A LICENSE KEY, NOT AN APPLICATION. You must have FX File Explorer installed for it to work. This add-on will not appear in your application launcher. Its functionality is accessed within FX, by tapping the “System (Root)” item on the FX home screen. Please install FX and try it out before purchasing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx *** CRITICAL INFORMATION: READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING ***
* This module requires that you have root/superuser access on your phone/tablet. This module WILL NOT root your phone/tablet. If you do not have root access, this module is useless. * Root access is intended for developers and knowledgeable enthusiasts ONLY. Improper use of any root access application can cause your phone/tablet to malfunction or become entirely non-operational. You assume all risk when using this or any root-access application to modify your device. *********************************************************** General Features: * Browse, modify, and copy files to and from the otherwise inaccessible /data/app (installed Applications) and /data/data (application data / configuration) directories.* Search for files and folders by filename, size, date, and type.* View and change permissions and ownership of files and folders.* Remount the root (/) and /system partitions as read-write.* Edit configuration files as root using FX’s built-in text editor.* View any binary or text file using FX’s built-in binary/hex and text viewers. Safety and Security Features:
As FX is designed to be an “everyday” file manager, special care was taken to ensure that adding root-access features to it would not detract from that capability. When the root module is installed, FX will still always use normal Android user access for file operations. The root module is only enabled when you specifically open the “System (Root)” catalog from the home screen of FX.
Security features can be configured to either warn you when you are using root access (the default behavior) or to require a PIN or password in order to use the root features. These features can also be disabled, but they’re designed to be very unobtrusive (e.g. warnings are only displayed after a configurable interval of non-root use).
FX will display a warning on the home screen whenever the “/” or “/system” partitions have been remounted read-write, as it’s a safety/security risk to not remount them as read-only when you’re finished doing work as root.
FX features a recursive checksum calculator to allow manual checking of file integrity between two directories, and the system can even incorporate permissions and ownership data into its calculations to ensure two directories are identically configured. This feature can be accessed by long-pressing on a folder and tapping “Details”, and then tapping “Calculate Checksum”.
If you experience any issues, please contact [email protected].
THIS IS ONLY A LICENSE KEY, NOT AN APPLICATION. You must have the free FX File Explorer application installed to use this add-on; download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx
*** WE HAVE A 24-HOUR REFUND POLICY ***
If you’re not completely satisfied, just email [email protected] with your “Google Order Number” (from your receipt email) within 24 hours and we’ll refund your purchase. The Google Play Store only provides refunds within 15 minutes of a purchase.
Please note that this product DOES NOT add root capabilities. For root access, please instead purchase the Root add-on: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx.rr
THIS IS ONLY A LICENSE KEY. You must have FX File Explorer installed for it to work. This add-on will not appear in your application launcher. Its functionality is accessed within FX: you will see two new categories appear on the FX homescreen: “Internet and Network” and “Media” (as shown in the first screenshot). Please install FX and try it out before purchasing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx
* Create and extract AES-128 and AES-256 encrypted zip files; browse file contents, view images/media without decrypting
* Browse/manage installed applications
* Browse image and video collections
* Browse audio by artist, album, playlist, or view all tracks
* Rearrange playlists with drag and drop (multiple files can be rearranged by selecting them)
Network / Cloud Capabilities:
* Windows networking (SMB)
* FTP (including secure FTP-S and FTP-ES)
* SSH FTP (Secure Shell FTP)
* Cloud Storage: Google Drive (incl. Google Docs), Dropbox, SugarSync, Box (Box.net), and SkyDrive (SkyDrive requires Android 2.2 or later)
* Stream video and audio media files from SMB, FTP, SSH, Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box, and SkyDrive to media player applications
* Browse the local network for Windows (SMB) shares
* Find FTP and SSH FTP local network shares using multicast DNS (mDNS) service discovery (Bonjour/Zeroconf/Avahi)
* Encrypted keyring (used to avoid entering sensitive passwords in public while not allowing access in event of device theft)
* Download and convert Google Drive / Google Docs files into Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OpenDocument, PDF, and other formats
* Send files via OBEX Push (also available on most devices in free version)
* Bluetooth FTP Client
* Discover / pair devices from within FX File Explorer