Backlinks, also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links, are incoming links to a website or web page. In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node.
Inbound links were originally important (before the emergence of search engines) as a primary means of web navigation; today, their significance lies in search engine optimization (SEO). The number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (for example, this is one of the factors considered by Google to determine the PageRank of a webpage). Outside of SEO, the backlinks of a webpage may be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who is paying attention to that page.
emind you again yes they are a very valuable part of off-page optimization. They are responsible (not completely) to rank your keyword in SERP. There are also other factors which google loves about a site (other than on-page optimization) like domain authority,domain age, page rank but unfortunately as they are not completely in our control, so the most crucial part left to get traffic from search engines is on-page optimization (most important) and building high quality backlinks so that you can try your luck to outrank your competitors. But wait have you already heard about this line: ‘Don’t build backlinks,earn them’ ? If yes then it is absolutely correct as if you are building a quantity of spam links then surely one or the other day google animals will penalize you and make you out from the game, But if you are able to get do-follow backlinks from high PR and high authoritive sites then Google will start loving your blog slowly.
- Log in to your youtube account.
- Go to’ video manager’
- From the left sidebar click on ‘Channel settings’ >>’Advanced’
- Now inside ‘Associated website’ fill out our blog URL and hit save.
Now you are done. Alexa will soon index your backlink in its next update. Enjoy. How to get a verified youtube account ?
If you are not having a verified youtube account then you will not be able to get do-follow backlink from youtube, but no worries, you can get a verified youtube account in minutes by following the below steps:
- The blog or website which you want to associate with youtube must also be verified in Google webmasters already with the same Google account. So sign in to your youtube account with the same google account which is already associated with the Google webmaster tools
- Now go to http://www.youtube.com/verify . It will ask you about your country and your phone number. Just enter the details and in the next stage enter the verification code which you will recieve as a text message/call from youtube.
- Congrats you have now verified your youtube account now follow the steps above to get the Do-follow backlink from youtube.
2) Google Plus
- Login to google+
- Go to Profile>About
- Scroll down untill you get ‘Links’ section.
- Put your website’s name and URL here and hit save button.
With over 70 million active users, pinterest is a high authority social networking site with a page rank of 9 that can give a huge amount of exposure to your brand. To get a backlink from Pinterest I shared a URL of one of my blog post inside the description area of one of the pin and after few days I noticed that the link was successfully indexed by alexa. You can also get the backlink from pinterest by following the same killer trick.